PhD, Licensed Psychologist
Dr. Aycock views life as most invigorating when we fully discover and use our unique giftedness. Whether we are children, adolescents or adults, we become most alive when we remove or minimize barriers that mask our talents. Anxiety, depression, explosiveness and disorganization can cloud our perspective. Troublesome memories may also surface and impede our journey. Dr. Aycock enjoys facilitating the growth of individuals and families and watching them soar.
Areas of Specialization
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy to manage the behavior of children and adolescents (ADHD, oppositional behavior, strong-willed children)
- Empowerment techniques to remove obstacles to personal growth by reducing anxiety and depressive feelings
- Brain-based approaches to diminish the effects of traumatic experiences for children and adults
- Certified in Rapid Resolution Therapy, EMDR, and Hypnotherapy, Dr. Aycock uses multiple approaches to address self-defeating and change-resistant thoughts and behavior (www.rapidresolutiontherapy.com; www.emdr.com)
Education & Experience
- Licensed psychologist since 1995
- PhD in Counseling Psychology from Texas A&M University
- MS in Community Counseling from Georgia State University
- Diploma integrating psychology and theology from the Psychological Studies Institute (recently re-named Richmont Graduate University)
- BA in Psychology from Tennessee Temple University
Prior to joining A New Start Counseling Center, Dr. Aycock served for three years as Director of Counseling at John Brown University and completed his internship at the Veterans Administration Medical Center in Dallas, Texas.