Licensed since 1995, Dorothy's practice includes assisting children, adolescents and adults with a variety of problems.
Areas of Specialization
- Anxiety and panic attacks
- Parenting strategies for behavior management
- Marriage counseling and blended family issues
- Divorce and grief counseling
- Alcohol/substance abuse and addiction
- Attention Deficit Disorder
- Codependency issues
- Anger and stress management
Education & Experience
- A licensed Clinical Social Worker for over 30 years
- Received her Master’s degree in social work from Fordham University at Lincoln Center in New York.
- She has been affiliated with A New Start Counseling Center since 2003.
- In addition to her psychotherapy position, Dorothy served as a CARE (Children at Risk in Education) Advisory Board Member to the Fayette County School system. Dorothy utilizes her Christian faith within her practice as well as her background in competitive athletics. Her athletic career has consisted of competitive athletics in basketball, volleyball, softball and tennis. Dorothy uses a straight-forward, “tell it like it is” style to maintain a working partnership with her clients.
In her spare time, Dorothy enjoys family time with her husband and their three young adult children, attending sporting events, tennis and the outdoors
In her spare time, Dorothy enjoys family time with her husband and their three young adult children, attending sporting events, tennis and the outdoors. Her Golden Retriever, Romeo, also holds a special place in her heart as well as in her daily activities.