David W. Aycock
PhD, Licensed Psychologist
Dr. David Aycock has been a licensed psychologist since 1984. He uses a cognitive-behavioral, client-centered counseling approach with an emphasis on building personal coping resources.
Areas of Specialization
- Individual and marital therapy
- Stress and anxiety management
- Personal growth enhancement
- Relief from depression and mood disorders
- Issues of life adjustment
Education & Experience
- PhD in Psychology from Georgia State University
- MEd in Community Counseling from Georgia State University
- BA in Psychology and Theology from Tennessee Temple University
- Further graduate study at the Psychological Studies Institute
Dr. Aycock has also served as Associate Professor and Counseling Center Director at Taylor University. He has been an adjunct professor for both graduate and undergraduate studies and is a consulting editor for two professional psychological journals. Dr. Aycock has authored numerous professional articles and two popular books, Getting the Best of Yourself and The Healing Art of Encouragement. His major research area is in the study of stress and its management. He is a co-author of Coping Resources Inventory for Stress.
Dr. Aycock’s hobbies and leisure activities include dance and popular music. He has been married for more than 40 years and has two adult daughters, both employed in the counseling field.